Common self soothing mechanisms employed by the egocentric left mind.
Excessive time and psychic energy is expended on controlling and managing ones’ external environment and these activities are employed to offset their negative polar charge imbalances.
All are “Socially Acceptable Addictions”, and in this sense, are employed to unconsciously suppress legitimate existential thought and the discordant feelings associated with them. The adaptive instinct, mediated by the ego, directs such activities.
• Cleaning and tidying and other perfunctory tasks
• To do lists: making them and completing them
• Maintaining an active (non or pseudo-demanding) social calendar
• Commiserating with the like minded and gossip
• Household projects
• Spectator Sports: Passive Activity
• Pleasure seeking activities
• Reading (for entertainment or to reinforce adopted beliefs)
• Planning that is centered around maintaining predictable security
• Consulting with those that they deferentially project their power onto
Activities that are Avoided
These add to inner turmoil and increase polar imbalances, as they stimulate the right mind and the creative force.
• Novel experiences
• Reading or learning for growth
• Being Alone
• Engaging in introspection or with those that have different opinions
• Creative activities
• Risk taking: (Comfort Zone maintained)